Stand Alone Advertising Program
Tourism Queensland’s Stand Alone Advertising Program offers Central Queensland tourism operators who wish to promote leisure tourism product to the domestic market the opportunity to book their advertising through Tourism Queensland at media rates negotiated by Tourism Queensland.
Known as "TQ media rates", these rates vary depending on the type of media, timing and activity and in general provide considerable savings. Operators can book advertising in their choice of media, such as newspapers, magazines, online and television.
To participate, tourism operators are required to include specified Queensland branding elements in their advertisement design.
How you benefit:
- Achieve greater consumer recognition of your product by linking your advertising with Queensland’s brand campaign activity.
- Save by booking your advertising with Tourism Queensland at the specially negotiated TQ media rates.
- Complimentary media planning advice.
Stand Alone Advertising Options
The following options are available under Queensland’s brand.
When booking press and magazine advertisements at the TQ media rate, it is a requirement that Queensland branding is incorporated in the advertisement creative in accordance with the size guidelines. Please note that the TQ media rate is not available for print advertisements smaller than 10cm x 2 columns.
Tourism Queensland has now extended its Stand Alone Advertising Program to the on line environment. The TQ Digital Advertising Plan offers a range of opportunities on prominent media sites at extremely competitive TQ media rates. A new TQ Digital Advertising proposal will be available soon.
If you are considering an advertising campaign for your product and would like assistance with designing an effective media schedule in line with your objectives and budget, this service is available through Tourism Queensland’s Stand Alone Advertising Program at no charge to you.
- Operators must include Queensland branding in their advertisement design.
- Operators must be full-financial members of their RTO.
- Advertising space must be booked through Tourism Queensland's official sales agency, Coroneo & Co.
- Stand alone advertisements must be approved by Coroneo & Co or Tourism Queensland (The use of the brand elements will be checked, not your content/offer).
- The TQ media rate is not available for operators advertising in their home/local market or in the International or Conference and Incentive market.
- The TQ media rate is not available for operators advertising in wholesale brochures.
- The TQ media rate is not available for print advertisements smaller than 10cm x 2 columns.
For full terms and conditions, please refer to the Advertiser's Acceptance Policy.
How to Book
For bookings and further advertising information contact the sales representative at Tourism Queensland’s advertising sales agency, Coroneo & Co:
Destination Advertising Manager
Coroneo & Co
Tel +61 7 3252 4860
Fax +61 7 3252 4862
Advertiser’s Acceptance Policy
- All advertisers must be financial members of their local Regional Tourism Organisation (RTO).
- All advertising material must be approved by TQ and/or Coroneo and Co and carry approved creative elements.
- The outlined advertising opportunities are available for the promotion of leisure tourism product within the domestic market only. TQ reserves the right to reject any advertisement that does not fairly represent the destination as a domestic leisure destination.
- All advertising space must be booked by TQ's booking agent, Coroneo and Co, on behalf of the advertiser and with the approval of TQ.
- No arrangements entered into by an agent of TQ will be binding upon TQ until accepted and approved by TQ.
- TQ reserves the right to cancel advertisements if material is not received by the specified deadline.
- All payments for advertisements shall be made payable to TQ and be due to its office within 30 days of invoice.
- Accredited advertising agencies commission is payable at the discretion of TQ. Subject to payment in full within 30 days of invoicing.
- TQ reserves the right to reject any advertising copy or material which is deemed inappropriate for any reason, whether or not such material has been previously accepted or published.
- Advertisers and their agencies must accept full responsibility for the context of all advertisements and agree to indemnify the publishers against any claim or proceedings arising out of the publication of such advertisement.
- TQ Stand Alone advertising rates are not available for advertising within the operator's home / local market.
- To ensure that TQ cooperative funds are used effectively, TQ reserves the right to limit its financial contribution to any one advertiser.
- TQ reserves the right to amend or cancel any conditions or opportunities outlined in this guide.
- Cancellations will not be accepted after the cancellation date has past. Upon cancellation for any reason, after the cancellation date, the advertiser and/or the advertiser's agency agree to pay the full charges specified.
- All information contained in this document is correct at the time of publication, and TQ takes no responsibility for any errors or omissions.
- Bookings are made on a first in, first served basis.
- All bookings must be received in writing.
- All operators participating in campaign activity which has an online or website component on www.queenslandholidays.com.au or associated Tourism Queensland campaign websites, must have a current and active ATDW (Australian Tourism Data Warehouse) subscription. For more information on ATDW please contact www.tq.com.au/atdw.
- As the Queensland Government, via Tourism Queensland, is investing heavily in cooperative marketing campaigns allowing a direct call to action to operators, it is a requirement of campaign participation that operators provide feedback on enquiries and bookings generated by activity. Forms will be provided and information will remain confidential. Inability to provide this feedback may lead to operators being excluded from partnering in future advertising campaigns.