Social Fun-seekers make up 25 percent of the domestic holiday market. It's the second-largest segment, with 3.75 million Australians.
Social Fun-seekers look for lots of activity and plenty of people to share the fun with.
They're always seeking new destinations, and will often look overseas.
Video - Social Fun-seekers
*New* Fact Sheet – Social Fun-seekers September 2012
Fact Sheet - Social Fun-seekers
Social Fun-seekers case study one: a tourism operator’s perspective
Social Fun-seekers case study two: a tourism operator’s perspective
what they look for in an ideal holiday
• luxury resort or hotel with pool and spa, day spa and health treatments
• or moderate, clean and comfortable accommodation
• happy to save on accommodation so have money to spend on activities
• likely to drive to their holiday destination and consider the journey part of the experience
• once at their destination, prefer not to drive much
• chance for a break and to have someone else cook
• seek casual, relaxed social occasions
• enjoy new or local cuisine
• more likely than other segments to travel with a group of friends
• will also travel with partner or family
• enjoy meeting and mixing with new people
• open to package holidays
• take annual short but indulgent breaks
• travel overseas every few years
• like to find a new holiday destination every year